The first 28 days of your stay with us are a trial period. If you wish to leave during the trial period, you should give us one weeks’ notice. If we do not think the placement is right for you, we may give you one weeks’ notice. If the placement does not become permanent, we will refund any fees paid in advance for the stay at the home within 10 working days, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, after the end of the trial period, less any sums owing to us under the contract.
Funding arrangement changes
If the amount paid by the local authority or NHS is not sufficient to meet our Fees (or if a Third
Party no longer wishes to pay the Third Party Top Up), then: –
a.) If we have an alternative room at a lower charge within the Home, we may offer the room to you; and/or
b.) You may ask a relative or other third party to make up the difference from the date your funding is agreed by the funding authority by way of Third Party Top Up. This person will need to sign a contract with the funding authority and ourselves.
c.) You may end the contract in accordance with the notice period
d.) We may end the contract in accordance with the notice period
If a resident who is privately funding becomes eligible for Continuing Healthcare (CHC) during their stay, but the amount paid by the NHS is insufficient to meet our fees (or if a Third Party no longer wishes to pay the Third Party Top Up) then;
a.) if we have an alternative room at a lower charge within the Home, we may offer the room to you; and/or
b.) you may or you may ask a relative or other third party to make up the difference from the date your funding is agreed by the funding authority by way of Third Party Top Up. This person will need to sign a contract us.
c.) you may end the Contract
d.) we may end the Contract in accordance.
Our full complaints procedure is available from the Registered Manager on request.
On occasion, we know that Residents may become dissatisfied from time to time. Porthgwara Nursing Home has a clear and accessible complaints procedure.
All formal and informal complaints relating to the services provided by Porthgwara Nursing Home will be dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
All complaints, either verbal or written, must be made to the Registered Providers / Managing Partners, Registered Manager, or the Nurse-in-Charge, as soon as the problem occurs.
Within Porthgwara Nursing Home’s Quality Management System there is a simple, clear and accessible procedure, which includes stages and time scales for the process so that complaints can be dealt with promptly and effectively.
If the resident is Local Authority or NHS funded, they may also use these organisations complaints procedure.
The complaint will be investigated, and action taken to deal with the problem immediately and resolved within 28 days. At all stages of the investigation the complainant will be kept informed of progress. If due to complexity the complaint will take more than 28 days, the complainant will be kept fully informed and provided with an expected timetable for completing the investigation.
Any complaint made directly to the home will be handled as follows: –
- Complaint received by management and acknowledged
- Internal investigation including interviews and statement gathering
- Response to complainant to either address and explain the matter and that no further action needs to be taken or complainant informed that further action needs to be taken in order to resolve the matter.
- Further investigation carried out and appropriate action taken against employees if appropriate.
- After successful resolution, complainant informed and asked if they require further action taken and whether they are happy with the process and resolution.
- Case closed. All paperwork filed in Complaints folder or.
- Complainant advised to review our complaints procedure and provided with contact details for appropriate agencies.
Terminating the contract
By the resident or their representative
Termination of the contract can be made by the resident giving the required notice i.e. seven days within the trial period or 28 days after the trial period has ended . This should be made in writing to the Registered Manager. We will refund any fees paid in advance for the place at the home within 10 working days, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, after the end of the notice period, less any sums owing to us under the contract.
By the Home, after the 28-day notice period
- Your fees are in arrears, or
- You break any other material condition of the Resident’s Contract; or
- If, in our reasonable opinion or on medical or regulatory advice, and following consultation with you or your representative, we cannot give you the level of care you need; or
- You exhibit behaviour that is reasonably considered by us to be abusive, violent or disruptive; or
- If you or any of your visitors persistently behave in a way that seriously affects the wellbeing of other residents and staff in the home: or
- If your behaviour is so extreme that immediate action is required to safeguard residents and staff, we will consult with the local authority safeguarding team and work with them to determine a course of action. ( In this instance the notice period could be less upon discussion with the multi-disciplinary team)
The above list is not exhaustive.
14 Day Cancellation Period
This only applies if we visit you in your home, hospital or somewhere other than the Home and you sign our Contract during or immediately after the visit. In these circumstances you can cancel the Contract for any reason within 14 days of signing the Contract by phone, email, letter or by sending us the Cancellation Notice annexed to your Contract. We will refund any fees paid by you to the date of Cancellation within 10 working days or as soon as reasonable practicable thereafter.
Trade Name and Contact Details and Registered Person
Porthgwara Nursing Home is owned by Porthgwara Nursing Home LLP which is also the Registered Provider.
For the Registered Manager, Melissa Norman please call 01326 280307 or the Company Administrator, John Carter, please call 01326 281000
Porthgwara Nursing Home is Regulated by the Care Quality Commission
Latest Food Hygiene Rating
Porthgwara Nursing Home received a five-star (5*) food hygiene rating at our last Environmental Health Inspection.
The company insurance policy covers £1000 for residents’ contents . Please obtain your own insurance for valuable or specialist items.
Contract/Terms and Conditions
A copy of our Terms and conditions are available as part of our information pack, and also can be requested separately from the Registered Manager.
For residents who are part or fully funded by the Local Authority or NHS there will be a placement contract between you and the Local Authority/NHS which will set out the terms of the placement. However, Residents and their representatives will still need to be party to our terms and conditions of residency.
Information about Residents individual needs
There may be specific needs that you would like to ask about, our registered manager is always able to help you with your questions. A few frequently asked questions are below :-
- Although we are unable to accommodate pets at Porthgwara, we do welcome well behaved accompanied pets to visit – please speak to the Registered Manager if you have any further questions.
- We are not able to provide a choice of male or female care staff.
- The Home is a non-smoking home and as such smoking/vaping is prohibited anywhere in the home or in its grounds. If you have any questions about this, please speak to the Home’s Registered Manager.
- Visitors are always welcome at any time of the day or evening.